More Tea Parties Throughout Michigan April 15, 2009

The tea is brewing in Michigan. April 15 is creeping up on us, and frankly.. I am looking forward to it.  Not because I like to pay taxes to an overly authoritarian big spending government.  Not because I like to support the failed policies of socialists who hand out from the sweat of my brow, to those who caress their egos, but rather because MY VOICE WILL BE HEARD.  And now its echoes will be bounced off many locations throughout the state of Michigan.

I am listing here the known Tea Party events and as much information as I can provide.  I personally will be attending the Lansing rally, and hopefully gather enough interest from the Grand Traverse area to charter a bus with 30-40 of us.

Some of you may not wish to travel all the way to the big tea party in Lansing, or might even lack the resources, or frankly cannot get off of work.  Yet you still want to participate.  There is likely one closer to you.  I suggest assisting the organizers if you have any time, to insure a great event and a good time. Much of the below information also available from Fresh Tea Daily’s Michigan Section where you may find comments and people looking for rides etc..

TEA PARTIES IN MICHIGAN

In Kalamazoo April 15, 5:00pm – 6:00pm Federal Court House, W. Michigan Ave.
Contact: EMAIL Facebook Group: CLICK HERE!

In Lansing April 15, 12:00pm – 1:00pm Michigan State Capitol, 100 N Capitol Ave
Contact: EMAIL Facebook Group: CLICK HERE

In Livonia & Northville April 15, 11:30 am – 1:30pm Haggerty Road and Six Mile, Livonia
Contact: EMAIL Facebook Group: CLICK HERE

In Port Huron April 15, 4:00pm – 6:00pm In front of Grove Mall at the end of I-94, Pine Grove between Garfield & Sanborn
Contact: EMAIL Facebook Group: CLICK HERE

In Sault Ste. Marie April 15, 2:00pm – 3:00pm Ashmun St. near the Power Canal
Contact: EMAIL Phone: 906.635.7272  Facebook Group: CLICK HERE
Other Info: http://sooteaparty.wordpress.com/wherea/

In Big Rapids April 15,  5:00pm to 7:00pm Hemlock Park (Downtown Big Rapids) 403 Hemlock St.
Facebook Group:
CLICK HERE!

In Petoskey Friday May 1st, 2009 2:00pm at the waterfront
Bring: Non-perishable, quality food for area food banks, signs, family, friends.
Contact EMAIL : Site information can be found here: Tax and spend must end

Also…

Don’t forget I am still organizing a Bus or van charter from Traverse City to Lansing which will leave approx 8 AM.  Cost will be based on the expense shared $30-40 per person (and you wont have to drive)  Leave a comment and we will contact you.  Emails are not given to ANYONE so feel free to throw in for the trip.

— UPDATE 03-26-09 09:30 AM —

Additional Tea Party activity SPONSORED by the Kent County GOP in GR.  While the Tea Party issue is considered “non-partisan” at least one local party has stepped up to the plate and said enough is enough! Hopefully we hear from the other side as well

Kent GOP to Host Tea Party on April 15
The Kent County Republican Committee will be hosting a Tea Party on Wednesday, April 15 from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm in downtown Grand Rapids. The location is TBD and will be released shortly. For more information, contact the Kent GOP offices at 616-459-0141.

———– UPDATE 03-27-09 3:00pm ——

Petoskey Tea Party event added to tags and location for a May 1st event.

———– UPDATE 03-27-09 3:05pm ——

Confirmation on 4 additional Bus participants for Lansing event trip from Traverse city

28 comments for “More Tea Parties Throughout Michigan April 15, 2009

1. March 26, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Hey…just wanted to let you know, I’m the one heading up the Tea Party in Big Rapids on 4/15-my email isn’t listed above so thought I’d put it here in case anyone has any questions!

TeaPartyTanya@gmail.com

Thanks & God Bless! 🙂
    Tanya Mack

2. March 27, 2009 at 10:29 am

Yeh Jay! Looking forward to seeing you in Lansing.

3. Sheila Saab
    March 28, 2009 at 6:36 am

I would like to see this advertised on the radio and newspapers, to allow everyone to participate, anyone have access to these advertising avenues?

4. savychris
    March 28, 2009 at 8:33 am

I will be there,coming from what is left of Detroit.= and fill my truck with real Americans,I have challenged my 20 year old son and his friends,Reminding them they will pay a heavy price thruout there lives if we do not start right NOW! insisting the coconut z,running our government.obey there oaths and follow the founding documents to run America.Savychris:))

5. garyatk
    March 28, 2009 at 9:23 pm

How do I get in on the bus ride from Traverse City?

6. Doreen Hostetter
    March 29, 2009 at 3:54 pm

I am trying to find a bus(es) to go to Lansing from New Baltimore area. I am not an official organizer but I’m getting to Lansing one way or another. I will have some bus or buses lined up. My email is dhostetter620715@comcast.net if you are interested. I dont know what the cost will be but I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!!! This GOVERNMENT is out of control!! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!! dhostetter620715@comcast.net

7. BG
    March 30, 2009 at 8:35 am

Make sure you post these at http://www.teapartyrevolution.com/

8. Mount Pleasant tea party
    March 30, 2009 at 10:11 am

Enough is enough. As students in the most economically-depressed state in the country, it’s time to come together in unity against the War on Prosperity.

Say NO to more hidden taxes, big bailouts, and paying for your neighbors mortgage!

The sons of liberty sent a message to King George and the oppressive Brits in Boston Harbor. Do your part in sending a message in opposition to this Wealth Destruction.

Bring a friend, grab a tea bag and come out to our tea party.

WHEN: Tuesday, March 31 at noon
    WHERE: The pond outside the Park Library on the CMU campus, 250 East Preston Street in Mount Pleasant.

9. Al
    March 30, 2009 at 12:03 pm

TO: SHEILA…I believe that if a station is informed about an event, they can give the information out as a Public Service Announcement (PSA) and there is no cost.
    They must be given complete and accurate information and no mention of any political affiliation.

10. Morgan
    April 1, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Advertising: Comcast Spotlight, cable advertising, and internet, affordable.
    Please Call me at 517- 381-4022.

Morgan

See you at the tea party!

April 1, 2009 at 2:56 pm

LOL! I love it! I get a fair share of spam bots, but this kind of legitimate plug for your business? NOTHING wrong with it. We’ll see you there!

11. Chuck Campbell
    April 1, 2009 at 5:40 pm

I would like a spot on the bus from Traverse City to Lansing

12. Jim Roberts
    April 2, 2009 at 9:08 am

I heard they’re having one in MT Clemens, 15 April, 10-2 across from the Courthouse.

13. luvofcountry
    April 2, 2009 at 11:34 am

Count me in for the Lansing rally, and possibly a few others that I will round up. WE THE PEOPLE have to make our voices heard. I hope the Lansing organizer, does not allow this to be Democrat vs Republican. I don’t want to see any party represented at the microphone……I want to see fellow Americans join together in one solid, unified voice and let it be known…..Don’t Tread on Me!!!! Enough is enough!

April 2, 2009 at 11:41 am

Glad to have you aboard! It is a non partisan event to be sure.. While all the spending has been going on, BOTH parties were present and did not show any frugality. You might note we will NOT have any elected officials speaking. This is a grass roots citizen movement.

14. JCH
    April 3, 2009 at 12:37 am

Considering car pooling from the Tri-City area? Willing to drive. Bay City, Saginaw, Midland – give me a shout: hugoj@student.gvsu.edu

15. April 3, 2009 at 9:43 am

Isn’t anyone planning a tea party for Grand Rapids??

16. April 3, 2009 at 9:57 am

JCH: Shooting you an email

April 3, 2009 at 11:46 am

Kent GOP to Host Tea Party on April 15
    The Kent County Republican Committee will be hosting a Tea Party on Wednesday, April 15 from 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm in downtown Grand Rapids. The Tea Party will be held at Ah-nab-awen Park. (Located in front of the Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum.) For more information, contact the Kent GOP offices at 616-459-0141.

18. mona welsh
    April 4, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Is everyone making sure our representatives and senators know we are NOT pleased with their inability to contest “party line”? Flood them with email and calls.

19. April 6, 2009 at 2:08 am

Are there any tea parties in Battle Creek, Mi?
    Would love to see train or Bus stop here for our supporters!!Email me at lori@vintageadsandstuff.com

20. frank
    April 6, 2009 at 9:34 am

Warren! Let’s circle the wagons and be heard! It’s time to unite and push back. Start from scratch, get rid of all the whores and thieves in government.

21. Abigail
    April 6, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Coldwater Michigan is having a Tea Party too! I’ve heard it will be April 15th at the 4 Corners Park from 5:30-6:30 pm. There will be special speakers, etc. Come join us!

22. April 7, 2009 at 10:41 am

Great!
    Are there any planned for the Saginaw or Midland Michigan?

23. Judi
    April 7, 2009 at 9:46 pm

any tea parties near the white lake area?

24. Mikie
    April 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm

See you in Lansing on the 15. Too bad there’s not many in the Dtroit area and Downriver.