My endorsement of Mike Bouchard (Anna Lambert)

I have been given the opportunity to voice my views in a bit more audible forum than “comments” and now I’m nervous that I will fail to represent them in the best way possible. But I am willing to give it a shot! 🙂

Michigan’s primary for a Republican candidate for Governor is August 3rd. The candidate I am endorsing is Mike Bouchard. I’m endorsing him because, out of all our options, he best represents the principals I hold; and I firmly believe in voting on principals. He’s not perfect, of course. But he does a better job of representing my views than Hoekstra, Cox, or Snyder do.

In his “Blueprint for Prosperity” Bouchard says, “Under my administration, government transparency and efficiency would not just be catchphrases. I would increase transparency by requiring state agencies to post every check written online for taxpayers to review, and post state employee salary and benefit information, including unfunded liability information.” In other words, our “civil servants” will be held accountable for their spending of our money.

He also says, “To put every available dollar into the classroom, I would have every school district competitively bid out secondary services, such as busing, janitorial and food service, on an intermediate school district level.” This is privatization. Privatization produces competition. Competition would force the schools to stop wasting money and start improving quality. And privatization isn’t just something Bouchard says he will do, he has already done it. As county sheriff in Oakland County, Bouchard had the jail food service privatized, saving $1.6 million a year.

He is big on security. Aside from plans to keep criminals in jail where they belong, (which is something he says he will do), he also states, “We must be more vigilant in securing our state’s border to ensure all people in Michigan are here legally. If Washington will not do the job, then Michigan will.
I could go on posting quotes, but why not check him out for yourself? http://www.bouchardforgovernor.com/home/

Some have said that he is forgettable; that he is not “electable”. That is why I am out here doing what I can to make sure he is not forgotten and that he is elected (or at least “electable”). Why should I, or anyone else, have to settle with an “electable” person who isn’t AS bad as the Democrat, when we could pick a candidate who stands for even more of what we believe to be right? Maybe you think Cox or Hoekstra or Snyder better represent your principals. That’s fine. Then vote for them based on that. PLEASE vote for your principals, and not for someone who is merely “tolerable and can beat the Democrat” (unless one of your core principals is “always win”).

I love Michigan and want to give her the best I can. So, as my mom would say, I’m doing what I can with what I’ve got.

Thank you, Mr. Gillman for this opportunity. I really appreciate the risk you took in letting me blurt out my opinions on your blog.

8 comments for “My endorsement of Mike Bouchard (Anna Lambert)

1. JGillman
    July 1, 2010 at 2:44 pm

For One of my favorite readers? No Problem.

• James
      September 1, 2010 at 10:43 am

So glad this clown lost. I liked him up until he raided the Medical Marijuana facilities. How sick and disgusting to see him and his deputies tackle and put guns to the heads of sick and dying people. People with cancer and other horrible conditions.

I guess we now know that Mike is nothing but a sick and degenerate bully!

Michigan dodged a bullet when he lost!

2. Anna
    July 19, 2010 at 7:02 am

Another thing I find appealing:
    Bouchard wants to make Michigan a “Right to Work” state. Now I know the title of that sounds wrong but the core idea is that people should have the right to choose whether or not to join a labor union no matter where they work. This is VERY appealing to me because at ICMCF (where I work) all CNAs and Nurses are required to join the labor unions. This means that if I end up working there full-time as a CNA, I will need to give up 36 dollars a month to pay for someone else to claim to represent me (even though they DEFINITELY wouldn’t).

3. Beth Webster
    July 20, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Great article, Anna. I like Mike too and was vacillating between him and Hoekstra. But something about Mike comes across as more sincere and so bedrock-honest that I’m giving him my support. Thank you for the website info.

4. Anna
    July 21, 2010 at 6:19 am

You are very welcome, and thank you for your support!

5. william ziemczyk
    July 24, 2010 at 8:53 am

bouchard is a narrow minded politican. the right to work reply was regeted by the people of michigan. what kills the employment in michigan is the stupid and greedy small businees tax placed on the manufacturing companies of this state. when you are taxed on your inventory twice a year it places an extra cost to compete with other manufacturing companies of other states. HEY WAKE UP and get all your facts straight. do not act like an idiot with a narrow focus that you have made for yourself.

• JGillman
      July 24, 2010 at 9:22 am

First, we have a “RIGHT” to work already.. whether our government will protect that right or not is the question.
      Second, the business tax is indeed bad.
      Third, I have yet to see name calling advance any conversation.