Michigan Primaries Today

Get out.  Don’t wait for whomever everybody else chooses for you to look at in November.

The difference you make is amplified by your participation EARLY in the process.

And Thank you.

16 comments for “Michigan Primaries Today

1. Anna
    August 8, 2012 at 8:55 am

Sorry about yesterday.. it felt like “moderation” won all around. Michigan seems to be too much of a blue/purple state.
    But God is still in control. Maybe this is all supposed to help usher in the end of the world? Or maybe it’s just setting us up for a greater victory in a couple years. Or it could just be another reminder that putting our hope in government and polititians will always disappoint so we must rely fully on God to save us ’cause obviously man-kind can’t do it himself.

2. August 8, 2012 at 8:59 am

I was disappointed to hear of your shellacking. I was pulling for you because it would give Democrats a shot at that seat. But 65 to 35 percent is not even a race. I guess even conservatives aren’t buying into your extremism and paranoia.

• JGillman
      August 8, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Actually.. I was thinking more on this.

20 points for automatic incumbency
      20 points for a disillusioned Democrat voting base with no one worth backing, but surely don’t want anything moral like RTW
      10 points for better campaign funding
      20 points for a relatively successful legislative session he can partially take credit for.

oh wait that’s a little high.

Maybe the first two overlap.

• August 9, 2012 at 9:24 am

Is that your excuse for getting yoru ass kicked?

There is no disillusioned Democrat voting base with no one worth backing, and right to work for less is immoral. Calling that assault on public education and raising taxes on retires and the middle class can hardly be called a “successful legislative session.”

• JGillman
          August 9, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Help me out here

When you look UP do see the sky, or do you see your feet?
          When you close your eyes and look into the sun, does it hurt more than when they are open?
          When you feed yourself, must you first remove your pants?

Sorry for all the questions, I just need to calibrate to your thinking process before I respond any further

• August 10, 2012 at 8:35 am

“Allowing people to practice their trade without paying off some protection racketeers is immoral?” What the hell are you talking about? Please tell me you’re not talking abut union dues. Talk about hyperbole.

• JGillman
            August 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

protection racket. “If you pay us, nothing happens to your job .. capiche?”

3. Ann Laurence
    August 11, 2012 at 12:31 am

Looks like your Tea Party compadres haven’t yet captured the love of the Grand Traverse County electorate. Only 34.71% in the Gillman column on Tuesday — pretty dismal (by the way, have you offered congrats to the haberdasher yet?). Durant and Glenn could only muster 40.63% between them. Your two “recruited” Tea Party County Commission candidates: Kachadurian at 21.46% and Webster, your neighbor, 34.71%. Then there was your old buddy “Trucker” Randy Bishop, 2010 State Senate candidate, with a whomping 25.22% in GT County. Yawn. But I’ve got to congratulate you on coming in first (of 8 candidates) for Precinct Delegate in your home precinct. Did Candy give you a bottle of bubbly to celebrate that one?

• JGillman
      August 11, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Tom did not campaign at all. But in the end, to Dr Lathrop, your husband will be off the board as well. Congratulate HIM.

Neighbor Lizbeth did not campaign as she should have, so no surprise.

And Randy did not run, so why you bring him up, makes no sense.

As for my own campaign, there were two major mistakes I made that may have led to the loss. I will let you guess what they were, but your mixed up mind full of leftist mush will guess incorrectly, so try a few times with different answers, and maybe you will luck out once.

I will admit my weaknesses, but none of them is the high ground philosophy endorsed by most tea types.

• August 14, 2012 at 8:38 am

I can tell you the major mistakes; you’re positions are extreme and do nothing to better the state. Using the words “high ground” and “tea types” in the same sentence is ridiculous.

Let me educate you about unions. To have a voice and have a union represent you, a majority of workers must sign a card saying they want to be represented. That should be enough, but the employer is then allowed to call an election. Then the real thugs go to work, fire the most vocal supporters and browbeat and threaten the rest of the workers for at least eight hours a day. If the majority of workers vote yes, then the workers vote to elect their representatives, just like we do in Congress and on county boards, city councils and township boards.

Once a contract is negotiated with management, then the workers vote to accept or reject it.

My question is: why do you hate democracy?

But hey, you don’t have to thank them for 40-hour work weeks, eight-hour days, overtime and many other benefits all workers enjoy; just stop lying about them.

• JGillman
          August 15, 2012 at 10:16 am

Nice question.

Let me ask you one: “Why do you beat your dog?”

• August 16, 2012 at 8:26 am

That’s not an answer, or even a good question. I don’t have a dog. Why do you hate democracy?

• JGillman
            August 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Why do you throw stones at your neighbors?

• JGillman
          August 15, 2012 at 10:26 am

Look, I have no problem with Unionizing.

I simply reject the notion that using the force of law to embed unions into a privately owned business has ANY semblance of morality.

I believe Unions can exist without such schemes, and would be far more impactful in efficiency and rewards for the employees. I further believe government unions should be completely voluntary; ie: Right To Work.

As a business owner I have no idea what a 40 hour work week is. From my perspective, it limits my ability to offer more hours to my workers. And they are SUFFERING because of such ludicrous rules.

I get it. You have to have the hand of government jammed so far up your ass pulling your strings to even brush your teeth. But because you enjoy that, don’t assume it is good for the rest of us. That is not Democracy.

We could argue back and forth Kevin.

Nothing in your mind will change, and you will remain as always, a Marxist tool.

4. August 27, 2012 at 11:07 am

While does it take 11 days for you to “moderate” a post? I guess tht means you can’t debunk the truth.

• August 29, 2012 at 1:15 pm

What would a mentally disabled buffoon from the MDP, such as yourself, trolling websites on the taxpayers dime, know anything about the truth?

Blow away, harmless confused, angry little fuzzball.