The Union Trap

The SEIU working in concert to abridge employee rights?

What happens when you have a problem to resolve with your employer, AND the union which represents you?  You lose any opportunity to fight for your job, your own interests have already been sold out collectively, and a paid advocate, one that took your earnings becomes your mortal enemy.

Ask Hasan Zahdeh of Muskegon:

Roughly 30 days prior to the election, Zahdeh’s employment at the facility was terminated. He told Capitol Confidential that he is appealing the termination and believes Healthcare Michigan pursued the termination as retribution for his activist efforts to switch unions.

“SEIU was trying to negotiate my job away in late November,” Zahdeh said. “I was terminated on Dec. 2. I’ve filed a grievance over the termination, but the union seems to be dragging its feet on it.”

Good luck in your chosen profession Hasan.

This is only one more excellent reason for this state to pursue Freedom To Work legislation.  Unaccountable unions are FAR worse than a bad boss.  They are much harder to run from if they control in a monopolistic way the business which buys your bread.  The immoral set up of the NLRB is a scourge on the honest paycheck.

Having both ends of the lifeline held by those who don’t care if you go under is the best reason to at least keep one end firmly in your own hands with an anchor of your skills on the other.

23 comments for “The Union Trap

1. January 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Wow. What a false and convoluted argument for the one and only thing that protects workers. Just unbelievable. Despite all the lies and crap you spew, you still surprise me with your stupidity, nerve and twisted, false arguments.

Let me see if I got this straight; a company is going to fire an anti-union employee. Right. I know right-wingers aren’t very smart, but they are not stupid enough to buy that made up story from the Michigan Enquirer. Well, if right to work for less ever got passed, he would have no one to appeal to.

• JGillman
      January 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

The union was going to negotiate his job away. His looking for union back up rejected by SEIU.

Question: Why would ANYONE want to be a part of such a scam as this?

Union Trap.

• January 2, 2012 at 9:25 pm

I got two words for that lie, but since you have such virgin ears, I’ll just stay with the fact that the Enquirer story is not true. You even contradicted yourself. With no union, who is this guy going to appeal to when he is unjustly fired?

Why would anyone want to be a union member? You answered it yourself. So they have someone to appeal to when they are unjustly fired.

• JGillman
          January 2, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Obviously the union served no purpose to him.

I am making the point that the union not only did not represent him, but it actively worked against him. I imagine they don’t give refunds for their failure to mean anything to employees either.

So I ask it this way, given that unions actually COST jobs and lead to job INSECURITY, why on earth would anyone want to be in one? Why pay for less security? Union job security is a lie. I have seen it so many times, including that classic Roy Gross story.

• January 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

No, obviously the union did serve a purpose to him since he says he’s appealing his firing. I know the point you are trying to make, but you yourself are proving how misguided you are. The union did not actively work against him, and if that is the case then why are they taking up his appeal?

Unions don’t cost jobs. They raise the standard of living and raise safety standards for all workers and give workers a voice in the workplace place, just like thy did for Mr. Zahdeh.

2. January 3, 2012 at 12:24 am

Yannow, I suspected ‘ol Hasan was a Dimocrat ’cause the goonion employment. But, it is now confirmed that Hasan is a LOSER Dimocrat Party schmuck too; it’s all the sweeter.

DELEGATE LAKETON TWP 2 (Vote For 3)
    1 of 1 Precincts Reporting Total

Marge Faville Dem 50
    William A Faville Jr Dem 32

Daniel Horton Dem 62
    Jane A Horton Dem 64
    Hasan Zahdeh Dem 27

WRITE-IN Dem 0

No sympathy for Hasan from me. His being stupid should be painful.

SIOA

3. John F
    January 3, 2012 at 9:37 am

Kevin. I take it that you have no confidence in your thinking, or in your ability to parse situations for your own good. You think unions protect workers. No; Take a look at the Arsenal of Democracy! Have you? Did your employer know of your flawed work ethic, or communist philosophy. Have unions forever dismissed intelligent hiring.
    What would you want to be know for? Your good work, or your union?

• January 3, 2012 at 11:11 am

John F,

All due respect sir, we are the employer of the petulant little troll with Olongapo crotch rot. Yes, Incheon’s D-8 lickspittle.

Our tax dollars at work…

• January 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Do all right-wingers hate the military, or is that a position only cowards like you have?

• January 3, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Hate the military? Please do ‘splain how you’ve deduced that.

• January 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Stop playing stupid, oh wait. Really? Then what does the insult “Olongapo crotch rot” supposed to mean? Like every Navy vet who made a Westpac deployment, I have been to Subic Bay. You are such a nasty, cowardly little wuss. I would love for you to say some of the hate you spew to my face. But we know that will never happen.

• January 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Of course I have confidence in my own thinking and my ability to “parse situations for my own good.” Yes, unions protect workers. They also raised the standard of living for all workers. The inequity gap that has turned the clock back to the Gilded Age can be traced to the all-out war waged by conservatives and corporations on unions. What about the Arsenal of Democracy? I don’s have a flawed work ethic or communist philosophy. Unions have nothing to do with “intelligent hiring.”

I want to be known for my good work, but I also want due process in my work place, as well as a fair wage and workplace protections; all things unions provide.

• January 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm

“Unions have nothing to do with “intelligent hiring.”” – Amen to that.

OABTW, you are known for your trolling on the taxpayer dime. Legendary D-8 lackey.

• January 3, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Like I said, wuss, Unions have nothing to do with any kind of hiring. What they are responsible for is better pay, better benefits, ensuring workplace safety and due process. What I am known for, wuss, is debunking BS arguments like this.

• January 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

That would be wrote, not said, Olongapo crotch rot.

Bottom line, goonions have impacted hiring policy in the private sector to the point that goonions are a dying breed, unless it’s public sector slag. A parasite should learn to never kill the host.

Now, run along back to your fluffing Incheon …trolling houseboy.

• January 4, 2012 at 7:37 am

No, here’s the bottom line, pussy boy, unions don’t hire anyone, and they in on way have affected hiring policies. Unions may be a dying breed because of the constant attacks, and that’s why the huge income gap between the rich and rest of us is turning the U.S. into a banana republic. Anyone with a brain can see that, so I guess that’s why you can’t.

Brave words from a coward.

No, I mean raise the standard of living for all workers. The fact that workers are losing income can be traced directly to the attack on unions.

• Roug
        January 3, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Don’t you mean the raising of living standards for those whose businesses haven’t yet closed?

4. January 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Olongapo crotch rot trolling from D-8 and his Keynesian claptrap Dimocratic Party mouthbreathers say, “No pie for you!”

5. January 4, 2012 at 1:54 pm

LMAO!

“turning the U.S. into a banana republic.”

No, petulant little troll with Olongapo crotch rot. More like Zimbabwe, but that’d be your president Oblamessiah spending that was passed by Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid factually responsible.

Dimocrats have been spending Americans into debt since they’ve had control of the House and Senate, January 2007.

But I already know… it’s Booooooosh’s fault.

• January 5, 2012 at 7:46 am

Like I said, I’m waiting for you to say any of that to my face, and for you to make an actual argument. I will be waiting for a long time, coward.

• January 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm

OOOOOooooooh…. “Say it to my face”. Yannow, you really are a sad, bitter, pathetic little Socialist fuzz ball.

C’mon, say it to my face. I dare ya. I double dog dare ya.

And if I did, like what could you do about it?

What a douche.

6. January 5, 2012 at 4:20 pm

LMAO!

I have to admit… Olongapo crotch rot was right, but not about who “is turning the U.S. into a banana republic.”

“The Democratic Party is like a mule. It has neither pride of ancestry nor hope of posterity.” – Ignatius L. Donnelly

Boo-yah!