TC to DC Bus update (Bus Information)

The bus is full.

I am approving comments now instead of replying personally, as I cannot any longer keep up with them all.

I have to believe now, that there will be likely over 10,000 people traveling to Washington DC FROM MICHIGAN ALONE for the 912 Rally.  The response and rider requests came a little slow at first, but in the last week I have been inundated.  Though I have had a couple of changes to riders because of their scheduling conflicts, the vacancies have been filled immediately with those on standby.

Where does this leave the remaining folks who wish to go, yet do not want to  drive by themselves?  Two primary Possibilities..

1. Someone else might want to get a bus to do an overnight run.  I can pass on limited contact information.

2. Borrow an SUV, and grab 4-5 of your best friends and just GO and share driving responsibilities.

Hotel planning was one of the biggest parts of this, and thanks to Tom in KZOO, we were able to secure a block of 30 rooms that is now gone..  The hotel has been particularly gracious however, and has extended beyond its agreed terms the same deals to all who have reserved for the two nights we will be there.  My guess is they would welcome more Michigan Patriots similarly.

I would have set up a second bus if the interest would have been this great 2 weeks ago, but between the business, writing, research, our town hall, other rallies, and lunch… I just don’t have any more energy. ;o)

God bless those of you who have realized how important it is to have our voices heard at this critical juncture in American History.  My hope is that irreversible damage has not already occurred, and that our currently elected majority leadership is willing to Mea Culpa.

Michiganders, true Patriots, and the back bone of the industrial strength of this country WILL persevere.

—— UPDATE! ——-

There is a bus looking for passengers that will do a pick up in Toledo.  Use the link in top left if you want to pick up at that point, and I will pass your info along.  They will be originating in South Bend.

9 comments for “TC to DC Bus update (Bus Information)

1. Sue Bolle
    August 31, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Looking for a bus from Jackson or another close city for three. Thanks

2. Bill Harrison
    August 31, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I can’t find the link to the bus leaving from South Bend and stopping in Toledo. I would sincerely appreciate a direct link in email. Thanks and let’s put the fear of God into out of control Washington!

3. Pat Gort
    August 31, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Any bus or cars from Grand Rapids??
    \

4. Bill Harrison
    September 2, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Sue (or anyone else interested) – I live in South Monroe County and will be driving to a hotel near Dulles International Airport on Friday and returning on Sunday morning. I also booked a room for 4 people. Anyone interested may contact me via bwh0107@hotmail.com

September 2, 2009 at 10:58 pm

If someone wants to get a hold of Bill, I can pass on the info.

5. Jace Fullmer
    September 3, 2009 at 9:00 pm

My wife and I would love to go. We live in Grand Blanc. Where is the closest location? We could probably drive there or get friends to drop us off. Any info would be great!!!! Thanks,

6. jerry lott
    September 4, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Any bus leaving southeast Michigan?
    Also interested in Toledo bus, can’t find link

• T.B.
      September 4, 2009 at 9:55 pm

We’re looking for the same as you..a bus from Southeast Michigan (no overnight stay). Please let us know if you hear of one.

7. September 4, 2009 at 1:39 pm

The national 9-12 group is suggesting that members of any 9-12 group meet at a different beginning location for the 9/12/09 rally.

Meet on the north side of the Washington Monument at 8:30 AM.

I have discussed this with Jason, for those on the TC to DC bus. If there are 9-12 members that would rather be dropped off at the Washington Monument, please make this known to him and he will accomodate this if possible.

Lansing 9-12 will have a Michigan flag. Traverse Area 9-12 will have a yellow Gasden (Dont Tread on Me) flag. We hope you can meet up with us.